[Gllug] Install Apache

Richard Turner richard at rj-turner.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Jun 15 19:00:03 UTC 2003

On Sunday 15 Jun 2003 7:34 pm, Pete Ryland wrote:
> --prefix=/usr or --prefix=/usr/local option to make it adhere to the FHS

> BTW, you don't mention which version of apache you are using.

> The RPM doesn't contain the configure line, but the SRPM will.

Oops.  I'm trying to install version 2.0.46.  This is the configure line I've
used, but I really want to install to the default Mandrake locations instead:

./configure --enable-mods-shared="access alias auth auth_dbm auth_digest
autoindex cgi dir include info mime mime_magic speling ssl status userdir
vhost_alias" --enable-so --prefix=/usr/local/apache2

I figure that this is part way there, but I'm still not sure about some of the
locations:

./configure --enable-mods-shared="access alias auth auth_dbm auth_digest
autoindex cgi dir include info mime mime_magic speling ssl status userdir
vhost_alias" --enable-so --prefix=/usr/apache2 --with-program-name=httpd2
--bindir=/usr/sbin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --libdir=/usr/lib
--mandir=/usr/share/man

How I get httpd.conf into /etc I'm not sure (--sysconfdir=/etc maybe?) nor
about getting the 'error', 'icons', &c. directories into /var/www.  Is it
perhaps a case of setting --prefix=/var/www and then including flags to
install the libs, bins, &c. into the correct places?  Just guessing.

I also don't know what to set --includedir to (defaults to PREFIX/include as
opposed to --oldincludedir, which defaults to /usr/include.  I assume that
there's a good reason for keeping them seperate which is why I then assume
that it shouldn't also be set to /usr/include).

Doing rpm -qcp apache2-source-2.0.44-11mdk.i586.rpm returns nothing - I'll
download and check the other source RPMs though...

--
"Racing turtles, the grapefruit is winning..."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk