[Gllug] color in xterm emacs

Richard Turner richard at rj-turner.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Jun 29 11:18:09 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 21:55, Sean Burlington wrote:
>     I'm trying to get emacs to use color (eg syntax highlighting) - when
> running in an xterm ...

At the risk of being flamed and/or inciting an argument about text
editors:

I've always liked using nedit because it's nice and small but the syntax
highlighting is excellent.  I know it's not an xterm editor, but if
you're already running X...

I spent about ten years on Windows before I discovered the pleasures of
Linux too, and I find nedit's keyboard controls far more intuitive than
some other text editors.

Of course, using nedit also means I don't need to take sides in the vi
v. emacs campaign! ;-)

I'm off to find my asbestos jacket now...!

--
"Racing turtles, the grapefruit is winning..."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk