[Gllug] AOL blocks mail from 'dynamic' addresses

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed Jun 18 10:35:51 UTC 2003

Me too. Here's the message that AOL sends.

xxxxx at aol.com <xxxxx>: SMTP error from remote mailer after
initial connection: host mailin-01.mx.aol.com [205.188.156.122]:
554- The IP address you are using to connect to AOL is a dynamic (residential)
554- IP address.  AOL will not accept future e-mail transactions from this IP
554- address until your ISP removes this IP address from its list of dynamic
554- (residential) IP addresses.  For additional information, please visit
554  http://postmaster.info.aol.com.

Actually I just used this as a good excuse to get my dad to finally
dump AOL. I'm really not bothered if AOL can't get my email. Hopefully
I can return the favour & not process their spam either :-)

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, Red Hat Inc. (London) and Merjis Ltd. http://www.merjis.com/
http://www.annexia.org/ Freshmeat projects: http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj