[Gllug] Mail client + M$ Exchange

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Wed Mar 26 11:48:38 UTC 2003

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 12:16:24PM +0100, Neil Fryer wrote:
> The Exchange box is running IMAP, but I have no idea how to set up my
> username on the linux side, as my Windows network username is nfryer, but
> when I use this, and my passwd, I get denied?

I think you need to give a fuller username of the form
domain\username\mbox-alias if you so in your case it's probably.

DOMAIN\nfryer\nfryer

You probably wanted to google without mentioning Evolution, this setup
has worked for me in the past with IMAP clients (mutt) and other people
using Evolution when I was at an Exchange shop.

hth

Paul

--
An original IBM 4.77MHz PC reports 0.7 bogomips running Linux 8086, but
can still run a webserver! - Alan Cox  http://elks.sourceforge.net/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk