[Gllug] Regarding priracy (sic)

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Thu Mar 13 15:37:39 UTC 2003

On Thursday 13 March 2003 2:22 pm, David Damerell wrote:
> On Wednesday, 12 Mar 2003, Jonathan Harker wrote:
> > Well if you weren't such a dropkick, and didn't post such antagonistic and
> > poisonous vitriol to this list, I wouldn't have risen to the bait.
>
> This really is a bit much. When you post about me, it's _always_ a
> personal attack; not about the content of what I post, but insulting
> me directly. You've threatened to assault me at least once, which I
> might remind you is a criminal offence - if I didn't find it
> laughable, I could and would go to the Police.

That is because it is your manner that is being objected to, not the actual
content/point of your posting. To rephrase, it's not what you are saying,
it's the way you are saying it.

> But, for some reason, I'm the bad guy here?

Yes. Because you are rude.

> >Did you know you are personally and singularly responsible for at least
> > three people I know dropping off the gllug list?
>
> No, I'm not, unless I've suddenly acquired mind control powers. Their
> decisions are theirs alone.

Well it was a rhetorical question so you weren't supposed to know this of
course. How could you?

Have a nice day.

SteveH

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk