[Gllug] 4/5 pings fail

Murray gllug at minty.org
Sun Mar 2 16:51:17 UTC 2003

Possibly, but I don't think so. I've got ipchains, rather than iptables.
eth1 is the connection the the adsl modem, eth0 the internal network.
(The ADSL modem has NAT, with only ssh port forwarding enabled).

# ipchains -L -v
Chain input (policy ACCEPT: 172863 packets, 34297489 bytes):
 pkts bytes target     prot opt    tosa tosx  ifname     mark       outsize
source                destination           ports
    0     0 ACCEPT     tcp  ------ 0xFF 0x00  eth1
gate.something.co.uk 192.168.2.10          any ->   ssh
    0     0 ACCEPT     tcp  ------ 0xFF 0x00  eth1
another.net          192.168.2.10          any ->   ssh
    0     0 DENY       tcp  ------ 0xFF 0x00  eth1
anywhere             192.168.2.10          any ->   ssh
Chain forward (policy DENY: 0 packets, 0 bytes):
 pkts bytes target     prot opt    tosa tosx  ifname     mark       outsize
source                destination           ports
22952 2582K MASQ       all  ------ 0xFF 0x00  eth1
anywhere             anywhere              n/a
Chain output (policy ACCEPT: 170478 packets, 21332693 bytes):
Chain rulchain (0 references):
Chain devchain (0 references):
Chain maschain (0 references):

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk