[Gllug] (OT- I think!?) SPAM?

davemyers at mailbox.co.uk davemyers at mailbox.co.uk
Wed Mar 26 12:26:38 UTC 2003

> Obviously spams a pain in the rear end.
> But I'm looking for linuxy work (note, I'm not putting down any usefull
> infomation here).
> Apparently 30% of jobs are got through word of mouth.
>
> So my question is this:
> Is it ok for someone like me to post a message with all of my CV info,
> incase someone here knows of a
> job going?
>
> cheers,
> Peter
>

> --

Hmmm. SPAM!!

I do remember hearing that the makers of spam were attempting to sue over the use of the
name "Spam", quoting it as
being deformation of character, and that "Spam" was a nutritious food source, and where
would all the worlds soldiers
be without it!?

I don't remember ever hearing any more though!

The idea of sending your CV to the list!!?? sounds like a good one to me, but I'm only a
lowly minion in the NHS and
wouldn't be able to help anyway. I could well believe the thing about 30% of jobs being
who you know not what you know!
Personally I think that all is fair in Love War and job seeking!

Just don't attatch any large digitised photo's of yourself within the CV! I suspect that
just saying that you are on
the job market in the origonal letter could well end up with the desired response!

Good Luck in the job hunt.

Dave the Rave

AKA Scourge of the dusty eyeball.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk