[Gllug] [OT] Winmodem (was Freeserve Anytime with Linux?)

Hong Chyr chyryh at linuxmail.org
Tue Mar 18 23:09:54 UTC 2003

Andrew

Checked that on the web, apparently there is no support for AMR type modems under the Linmodems effort (the page specifically said so). The modem, however, does adhere to the AC'97 standard. Strangely enough, lspci -vv listed the device as manufactured by Intel. Windoze detected it as a Lucent chipped modem.

I have also found a Linuxcare report on a similarly spec notebook, stating there is currently no support for Intel AC'97 modems but it seems like Intel's gonna "working with the vendors" to produce some driver. Don't know when that will be...

Cheers
Hong