[Gllug] Mail crazyness

Ashley Evans k0210244 at kingston.ac.uk
Fri Mar 14 21:09:59 UTC 2003

I've just had a problem with KMail not being able to send or receive my mail,
to this end I decided to check out (with telnet) if the servers were indeed
working. They were, and on the pop server I read 11 messages, 8 new and 3
from months ago, which I've already read. After playing around with KMail and
eventually swapping pop.server for the real IP address things started to work
again, strange, yet acceptable. However, when I hit the check for mail button
I only received the 3 old message. I again returned to good old telnet only
to discover that only the 3 said messages were there (KMail doesn't delete on
d/l).

Two question, has anybody had any similar KMail problems. And where the hell
did my emails go!

Thanks,

Ash.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk