[Gllug] Unbelievable mail cockup again and again

linux at formi.connectfree.co.uk linux at formi.connectfree.co.uk
Fri Mar 14 22:43:00 UTC 2003

- Sorry about the crappy mail format, I'm using connectfree webmail.
- I don't want to use my domains to post to the list. And don't have
- access to my laptop now.

Formi wrote:

>  I attach the headers of a spam email, if you look carefully you will
>  find out that there is no deliverable email address in it.
>
>  It seems to me that Vidoes at pop3.blueyonder.co.uk is the address that
>  fooled that pile of crap of mta from m$hit bluewonder uses.
Is it not that blueyonder forwards all mail at *@dp.localdomain.org to
your mailbox.  The reason that you did not receive three copies of it is
that some smtp daemons see three identical mails for one mailbox and
delivers just one copy.

>  Personally I'm thinking of moving to one of the domain names I own,
>  hosted on a machine I run, and ditching by email for ever. And then let
>  that account to fill up for ever.

a little extra work; however lots of fun and great ability to tweak
incoming mail to your preferences.

- I already run mail for 8 domains, not very well but ...
-

> From formi  Fri Mar 14 16:09:35 2003
> From: <bad_b_yyzqixr at hotmail.com>
> To: Ultra at dp.localdomain.org, Hardcore at dp.localdomain.org,
> 	XxX at dp.localdomain.org, Vidoes at pop3.blueyonder.co.uk
Here I read it as deliver to three at dp.localdomain.org and someone
else who cannot spell videos.

- If you take the bit before the @ in each address an join the words
- you've got the subject of the email. :->

It may be that they are trying every domain listed in blueyonder's dns.

It could be that blueyonders domain name servers allow domain transfers
from within their network and someone got a dump of all the domains
listed in their nameservers.

- Have a look at the headers of one of my previous emails and you'll see
- that the localdomain.org machines is my own. tp being the thinkpad
- and dp my local net server.
- What I don't get is why if they have, as they do the headers of one
- of an email I have sent, <they do have my real address> , don't they
- spam me directly?

Kind regards
Xander

- You don't really know me, or you wouldn't be that polite.
- Cheers.
- Formi.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk