[GLLUG] War stuff

Formi formi at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Mar 19 00:36:39 UTC 2003

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Iain Nicholson wrote:

> Please if you are going on any political marches not directly connected to
> Free Software, do not bring Free Software or GLLUG into it. Please keep
> GLLUG for Linux/Unix/Free/Open Source issues.
>
> It is in people's nature to make sweeping generalisations about groups of
> people. Please do not give them ammunition to further pigeon-hole the
> users, supporters and developers of Free and Open Source Software.
>
> My political views are my own and may or may not be closely aligned with
> those of others on the list.
>
> Thanks.
> Iain

  I keep saying I can't just ignore one part of my life because something
  else I do. If there is any hidden spell to achieve that let me know.
  I would be able to stop having to meditate to keep myself half mentally
  sane.

  Some people will report another person for killing a X race person,
 while that same person wouldn't report it if it was a NOT_X race person.

 Because you choose to ignore something, or ignore the chances of opening
 your mind to "unkown knowledge" it doesn't mean other people can do that.

 As is normally known, there is no worst deaf person that a person who
 choses not to hear. And I AM, very aware of that.

 About generalisations, I'm going not to bother repeating my views, check
 my previous emails.

 -- Some debian users are very political, when I'm asked why I use Pine
 -- I don't tell them to go and be anti-non-libre software somewhere
 -- else and piss off.

 Real news I read about, person is beaten up very badly by the
 neighbour without being any kind of previous anonymosity. Relative
 of the victim phones local bobbies joint and is told almost all there
 are busy, mostly dealing with multiple robberies on a industrial state.

 I guess they considered the caller was being completely OT:
 Stopping the rich being robbed is obviously more important.

 Ahem, no comment.

 Formi
 FreeBSD 4.7 ThinkPad 570            A tree doesn't think, but becomes
 Linux Registered User #235743       evil when it falls on you.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk