[Gllug] Advice on getting on the career ladder for c and linux

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Thu Mar 13 09:36:51 UTC 2003

Adam Bower writes:

>The other thing to keep in mind is that I got lots of phone calls
>recently asking if i programmed in C, the short answer is "no"

You do? I only get C++ and Java, neither of which particularly excite me.
I'd pretty much given up on getting a C coding job, which is one of the
reasons I"m currently doing sysadmin. There's very little commercial stuff
written in C any more. The only places it's still common are embedded
systems (and even there it seems on the wane) and open source projects.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk