[Gllug] Downright fun

Allen Baranov allen at isa.co.za
Thu Mar 6 11:44:24 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 04 March 2003 18:21, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> John reminded us that Linux is "downright fun".  So what are the fun
> things you've discovered/built/got working under Linux recently?

Ok, just to be different and test the limits of the question I choose "|"
(pipe).

I love stringing commands together to get results which is something Unix was
built for. Failing that - perl.

I also like to play with rpm - in that I am a rabid installer. I *need* the
latest of everything even if it breaks stuff (usually *something* on my
desktop is broken). tar,configure,make etc fall under this category too.

Allen Baranov

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk