[Gllug] BBC News 24 at higher quality

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Sat Mar 22 21:10:44 UTC 2003

Just some pointers for those of you interested in getting news at the
moment.  The BBC does broadband streaming for _some_ ISPs in the UK
(see this list: http://www.bbc.co.uk/broadband/info/providers.shtml).
Unfortunately it hides the actual Realplayer link so you have to dig
to find it.

BBC News24 can be watched at:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsa/n5ctrl/live/now5.ram

Unfortunately it seems to be Realplayer only, which sucks.

If you're interested, CNN's closed captions are being broadcast on
#cnn-live on EFNet IRC.

Anyone got a decent URL for high-quality CNN, BBC and Fox News streams
in Windows Media format so I can use my preferred player, mplayer?

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Women might be able to fake orgasms.