[Gllug] Multiple Monitors with RedHat 8.0

Simon Morris simon.morris at penguinit.com
Thu Mar 6 18:34:29 UTC 2003

Tethys said:
>>Has anyone has any experience with Multiple Monitors and Linux.
>>
>>I'm using RedHat 8.0 with 2 seperate cards (rather than 1 card and 2
>> heads)
>
> Yep, using it now (1 card -- a G450, but I've done the same with two
> cards in the past). What do you want to know?

Hi Tet,

Sorry, I was a little vague there!! I was looking for confirmation really,
 that it works well and is worth spending time getting working.

Google returned a mix bag, although the more negative answers were a lot
older, and there is no HOW-TO at tldp.org.

Anyway, I gather the first step is to do a lspci -v and get the specs of
the cards. I'm not in front of the machine at the moment, but the output
only lists a single card. I assume this is going to be a problem.

How is your /etc/X11/XF86Config reading with multiple monitors?

Thanks

Simon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk