[Gllug] [OT] Outlook - make plain text plain text.

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Fri Mar 21 10:57:33 UTC 2003

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 10:24:31AM -0000, TSchutzerWeissmann wrote:
> Dave Fuggle suggests
> > Tools->Options and then the Mail Format tab. First drop down
> > is message
> > format.
> >

> It's polite to assume most people will have tried this!
>
> The trouble is that some MS Exchange servers are configured to slap an html
> version onto messages that Outlook sends as plain text. The only way I know
> to get round this works on a message-by-message basis:

I'm not greatly bothered by e-mails that have an html component - for
your average message, if the sender isn't being silly with those bloody
message templates, it doesn't really matter.  What is annoying is
messages that are pure html with no text component.

--
Bruce

I object to intellect without discipline.  I object to power without
constructive purpose. -- Spock