[Gllug] BBC News 24 at higher quality

Matthew Thompson matt at actuality.co.uk
Mon Mar 24 07:17:23 UTC 2003

On Sunday, Mar 23, 2003, at 21:37 Europe/London, Dylan wrote:

> On Sunday 23 March 2003 21:09, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
>> On Sat 22 Mar, Dylan bloviated thus:
>>> Do you think we could make a concerted effort to explain the
>>> problems to
>>> the BBC?
>>
>> Here's a quick stab at it:
>
> I'll see you on those and raise you:
> *statutory obligation to neutrality and development of new
> technologies.

I'll see your obligation and quote universal access. Now you may not
like Real Player but it's about the most universal format that people
can use and it's a lot easier to understand and install for users who
do not want to worry about file formats and plug-in types.

Also remember that this is the BBC which worked on providing their
Radio streams in Ogg Vorbis format.

M at t :o)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk