[Gllug] Turning off domain name lookups in Sendmail

Richard W.M. Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed Mar 19 17:25:46 UTC 2003

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 03:12:19PM +0100, Neil Fryer wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can anyone tell me how to turn off domain name lookups in sendmail? I have
> looked through the sendmail.cf, and remember having done this once before
> but can't for the life of me remember how the hell I did it?

O DeliveryMode=background

Change the 'background' to be one of:

deferred
queue

One of these fully defers DNS lookups (I think it's the queue option).

Of course when you want to deliver the messages, you'll need to let
sendmail do DNS lookups!

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, Red Hat Inc. (London, UK) http://www.redhat.com/software/ccm