[Gllug] Wireless Ethernet range question?

Andre Newman gllug at dinkum.org.uk
Fri Mar 14 11:44:48 UTC 2003

> Sorry - we are too slow on GLLUG this morning.
> You did say PUB GARDEN didn't you?
> Sure - we'll bring cards and antennas round for you to test :-)
> Where is the pub?

I thought it was odd that no-one caught that one :-)

> Seriously - could be a bit of fun.
> Get a few laptops and cards together, and a GPS or two and do some
> wireless mapping. And see how the signal degrades as we drink more
> beer...

Could be good, I'm a little out of town though, Tunbridge Wells.
Calling it a garden is a little pretentious, it's actually a bunch of
tables in the car park and they are not even set up yet this year but the
beer is good and the wireless signal is "rattling the windows", the pub
has been known to run the odd barbeque in the "garden".

Think I might pay a little more attention to my server's firewall before
posting the name of the pub ;-) No war chalks on the pub wall yet!

Andre

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk