[Gllug] Priracy.

Jonathan Harker jon at jonathanharker.co.uk
Sat Mar 8 11:54:15 UTC 2003

On Friday March 7 2003 03:15, David Damerell wrote:
> What you're asking me to do is like "agreeing to disagree" with
> someone who claims the sky is green and the world is flat.

That is precisely what I'm asking you to do. Whether the sky IS actually green
or the world IS actually flat is immaterial. If someone wants to believe it,
that's their prerogative, and it's not up to you to try and change that. You
can say "I disagree", leaving it at that, without trying to ram the truth
(however you may percieve it) down their neck, and in the full knowledge that
(according to you) you are right and he is wrong. That is what I meant.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the Jehovah Witnesses or
$SOME_OTHER_LOONY_OUTFIT come knocking on your door!

Jonathan Harker
www.jonathanharker.co.uk

For your penance, say five Hail Marys and one loud BLAH!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk