[Gllug] Piracy.

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Tue Mar 4 18:30:45 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 18:15, Ashley Evans wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 March 2003 2:36 pm, Jonathan Harker wrote:
> > Finally we may see the demise of this endless plastic digitally processed
> > hyper-pop shite, since you can't fake good singers live (say hello,
> > Sugarbabes).
>
> It's a shame but it won't be long before "live" performance will be "enhanced"
> by computers. A crying (or is that hanging :) shame!

Well, think of Damian Albarn's Gorillaz. A completely artificial band.
If I'm not wrong, Jim Henson's Creature Shop are working on software
which will allow Gorillaz to play live. At a guess, this is motion
capture and real-time rendering, which is pretty interesting. And
Hensons uses Linux too.
This Linux stuff.. it gets everywhere.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk