[Gllug] usb dvd writer

Tim Gray timgray at numasters.com
Tue Mar 25 11:15:33 UTC 2003

Is there any compelling reason why the burner needs to be external? DVD
writers are fairly expensive and an external on could quite easily walk
out of the office. Can USB (version 1 rated at 12 Mbps ) support the
10.4 Mbps (1x burn speed = 1.3MB/s*8) bandwidth required for a DVD
burner? Even if it was they only device on the root hub I would say
probably not. Best bet IMHO is get an internal SCSI.

Regards

Tim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk