[Gllug] make error loading Perl module via 'cpan'

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 29 12:49:22 UTC 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Garry Heaton muttered drunkenly:
> I've just tried loading a Perl module with:
>
> [root at localhost]# cpan> Image::Magick
>
> ... but it chokes at the end with:
>
> make: **** [Magick.o] Error 2
> /usr/bin/make -- NOT OK
>
> What the .....?

Um, the actual error would be reported immediately *above* those
lines. All that says is `there was an error'.

> To resolve the problm I installed a perl-Magick rpm which required an
> updated:
>
> ImageMagick
>
> ... which required an upadted:
>
> libMagick5

ok, you'd certainly need those for PerlMagick. (Note that PerlMagick is
actually *part* of ImageMagick, not some kind of add-on; it ships in the
ImageMagick source tarball. It's just that it's on CPAN too.)

> After all this I still can't find Image/Magick.pm in my Perl tree.

It'll be in the arch-dependent directory. I see it in

/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i586-linux-thread-multi-ld/Image/Magick.pm

(but your arch-dependent directory is very likely to be named something
else.)

If that's not there, PerlMagick didn't install.

--
#ifdef USE_ISPTS_FLAG
		} else {	/* else pty, not pts */

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk