[OT] [Gllug] Stop the War march this Saturday 22nd

Formi formi at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 18:29:30 UTC 2003

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, Pete Ryland wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 02:34:28PM +0000, Jason Clifford wrote:
> > On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, Pete Ryland wrote:
> > > I think an off-topic post or two to organise a meeting point on Saturday
> > > is not exactly too much to ask in the current climate.
> >
> > Oddly enough I agree.
> >
> > > That would be on-topic anyway.  I don't know if you've noticed, but
> > > certain governments are under pressure from certain countries to outlaw
> > > Free Software.
> >
> > I am not sure that is really true. That said we seem to be moving more and
> > more towards totalitarianism and that wont be good for those of us who
> > value freedom in it's many forms.
>
> Actually, I meant to type "under pressure from certain *companies*".  Sorry.

 Sorry, but I fail to see the difference between companies and countries
in this case. There was a satirical piece of news about the us gov sending
billito gates as the us businesses ambassador to foreign countries.....

> > > So where shall we meet on Saturday?
> >
> > I propose the cafe in Borders, Oxford Circus. Anywhere near the start
> > point for the march will be too crowded as I discovered last time.
>
> ok.  Time?
>
> > > That is if the attack isn't over by then (from what I hear, the Iraqi
> > > army is pretty much reduced to throwing sticks and stones, so it will
> > > probably be a pretty short attack anyway.  I just fear what the AJs[1]
> > > will do to those poor people).
> >
> > I suspect tonight will mark the start of 4 or 5 days of sustained
> > bombardment and the ground forces will not have launched the major ground
> > attack until that is done so I think we'll still have plenty of murder to
> > protest come the weekend.
>
> See you there,
> Pete

 I will be there as well. I have finished my parole.

 Formi
 FreeBSD 4.7 ThinkPad 570               He who for pleasure dies,
 Linux Registered User #235743                 even death enjoys.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk