[Gllug] Netscape 4.7 - aaargh

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Mon Mar 17 14:35:24 UTC 2003

Tethys wrote:
> David Damerell writes:
>

>>>NS4 usage on the net is so low nowadays that it's generally not worth
>>>gratuitously sacrificing the purity of your HTML to cater for it. It
>>>doesn't even appear on our stats for this month, for example, which
>>>means it accounts for less that 0.15% of our traffic.

but this is very site specific - I have worked on some large sites where
NN4 was still at 5-10% of traffic

personally I think 5% is a significant proportion of people - and
should't be just ignored (I wouldn't bother trying to make a page
rendered in NN4 look the same as when rendered by the latest mozilla
engine ;)

--

Sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk