[Gllug] Postfix -> SMTP

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Thu Mar 6 17:03:46 UTC 2003

And verily, didst Mick Farmer announce to the hordes:

> Dear Tethys,
>
> My MUA is set up to use /usr/sbin/sendmail.  As far as I can
> see, this uses SMTP to put the message in a place where
> Postfix can find it.  Postfix does this, and all its usual
> stuff, before using SMTP to send the message to my mail hub.

Think you've got a bit confused there.
Sendmail and Postfix can't happily coexist on the same machine.
They BOTH use /usr/sbin/sendmail, y'see. Postfix makes a symlink to that
name so programs that expect sendmail can use it.
(Assuming you're talking about the box with postfix on of course)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk