[Gllug] OT: Traceroute

Shevek gllug at anarres.org
Tue Mar 18 15:44:40 UTC 2003

It isn't continuing with "another route". It's just that it can't get any
ICMP packets from that hop. This is more common than it ought to be.

Usually this means that some brain damaged sysadmin has decided that ICMP
is a "security issue" and has blocked it, so traceroute doesn't work. Try
a TCP based traceroute instead.

Recommend Stevens TCP/IP volume 1.

S.

Shevek                                    http://www.anarres.org/