[Gllug] Debian Hosting

Axel Segebrecht axel at brighter-computing.com
Mon Mar 3 16:08:23 UTC 2003

Rob Blake wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> A friend suggested this list might be right place to ask these questions.
>
> I'm in urgent need of a hosted dedicated debian server. It seems to me that
> the positive internet dolphin server
> (http://www.positive-internet.com/dolphin/) is the best deal in the UK, but
> I've seen muh cheaper deals at places like voxel.net in the US. Does anybody
> out there have experience of the dolphin server? Is it worth my while to pay
> twice as much to have the machine in this country? Anybody know of any better
> deals in the UK?
>
> The box will mainly be used for web and mail hosting by people in this
> country.
>
> Thanx in advance,
>
> Rob Blake ;->

Hi Rob,

I can recommend PosiWeb without hesitation - they may not be the
cheapest but they offer a reliable service :)

We've started with a dolphin a year ago and are happy with it.

There are other deals in the UK but a lot of them don't offer as much
and are more expensive.

We are now on a server in Germany (the dolphin is still running though)
because they give us a heck of a lot of traffic (50GB) for a very low
price. For non-german speakers (and people who don't like SuSE) it's
probably a no-go though.

If you like we could set up a german server for you (with full root
access of course). Here are the specs:

- SuSE Linux 8.1
- 40GB HDD
- 50GB Traffic inclusive
- Full root access
- Pre-configured with Apache, etc (let us know what you need and we put
it on!)

Only £45 pcm (first month: £70 set-up + £45 1st month = £115)

Please ping/mtr brighter-computing.com to see the rates :)

All prices exclude VAT.

Let me know what you think. Feel free to give me a ring if you like to
know more.

Regards,
Axel

--

brighter+computing
http://www.brighter-computing.com

brighter+computing is a trading name of Adam and Eve I.T. LTD

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk