[GLLUG] KDE3.1

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Thu Mar 13 10:19:43 UTC 2003

And verily, didst Davies Sue announce to the hordes:

> Has anyone tried installing KDE3.1. I've tried but I keep getting messages
> that there are failed dependencies.  The failed dependencies are
> libvorbisenc.so.0, libvorbisfile.so.0 and libXm.so.2.  The libvorbisenc and
> libvorbisfile are in /usr/local/lib, I'm not sure about the libXm.so.2 yet.
> Do I need to make links to other places to get this to install or am I
> missing something vital.

make sure /usr/local/lib is in /etc/ld.so.conf
Oh, hang on, you say failed DEPENDENCIES. You're trying to install an rpm,
but you know you have (at least some) of the libraries...

rpm -ivh --nodeps <filename.rpm>
rpm stops and complains about dependencies if the files weren't installed by
rpm but DO exist. It only checks the rpm database.

The --nodeps switches off dependency checking.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk