[Gllug] Perl Question

John Edwards John.Edwards at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Mon Mar 10 19:46:45 UTC 2003

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 11:59:02PM +0800, James Bromberger wrote:
<snip>

> I'd agree with the sudo approach (or RBAC where available). It sounds
> like you have a *web* form for this, so you may want your script to also
> make backups of your httpd.conf file; often this has *so* many
> customisation that scripting over it and losing it can be... painfull.

For a backup after each change you can use the RCS's ci command with
the "-m" options to check httpd.conf into a RCS file. This can also
record when and why it changed. There's a Perl modules (probably more
than one) if you don't want to shell out.

--
|       John Edwards    Email: John.Edwards at uk.com       |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk