[Gllug] Priracy.

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Tue Mar 4 15:19:55 UTC 2003

Peter Childs writes:

>	Fine Ok Priacy is not the same as Stealling, or is it?
>
>	The very reason software Piracy has got its name is from Pirates,
>They stoll and commited crimes on the sea. Its a crime. Stealling is just
>the collest crime people actually understand that is simular.
>
>	If you copy a drug and then give it out on the open market (or
>sell it at cost) it will not take long for Phyzer (or who ever the
>manufacture is) to find you and take you too court.
>	If you copy your favourate CD and start handing it out the music
>industry come down on you like a ton of bricks. Its sean of as wrong.
>	So why is Computer software some how different?

Wow! After this morning's fun and games with emergency sendmail patching,
I've been catching up on my mail and stumbled across this gem. Now I'm
not normally the sort to comment on poor spelling, but this is quite
astounding, even on a par with my mate Dave (who *really* can't spell).

Congratulations. You've brightened up an otherwise dull day :-)

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk