[Gllug] 'sigset' function

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Mon Mar 24 10:19:39 UTC 2003

Hi
I am converting some SCO software over to linux and one of the programs uses
the sigset function.
The program compiles and links, but with a warning about not casting a pointer
from an integer. This appears to be due to a call along the lines of:
a=sigset(......)  where a is defined as a pointer to a function.
I assume that this error occurs because there is no prototype for sigset within
the <signal.h> header file and the compiler accordingly assumes a default int
return from the sigset function.

I cannot find any manual page within the linux software (Redhat 7.1) that
mentions sigset - but presumably the function actually exists otherwise the
compile would fail completely !  I am reluctant to amend the code to use
'signal' as I understand this mechanism is unreliable. Sigaction gave me a few
problems with SCO which is why I used sigset (simpler calling sequence anyway!).

Any suggestions/help welcome

Tim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk