[Gllug] Regarding priracy (sic)

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Wed Mar 12 23:48:19 UTC 2003

Formi wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Xander D Harkness wrote:
>

>>a lovely exim / procmail filter file does marvels.
>>
>>Okay I occasionally wonder what I have missed; however memories of past
>>posts make me happy that these are filtered.
>>
>>I think the more people filtered the lonelier the flamebaiters will feel.
>>
>>Have fun.
>>Xander
>

>  Everybody is entitled to his/her opinion.
>
>  Mine is that you miss some of the richness in life, you might end up
>  being a hermit if you don't watch it.
While I agree with this, I have seen a lot of unnecessary abuse of
people on the list by one or two individuals, whose emails I bin.

>  And as your mail doesn't provide anything new to the list you might
>  realise if I were thinking like you I might be amending my filters.
>
>  Also to my view you're providing flamebait, hence my mail.

I do not see why my comments would be considered flaimbait.  I was
suggesting that the list might be a pleasanter place, if people were
just to ignore posts from those that have a tendency to be abusive, they
would then be less likely to post such messages in the future.  I
thought that I would not have to spell it out in such great detail and
was not just making throw-away comments.

In addition I would also much rather have a few emails with no content
than one abusive email.

That is not to say that I am not a fan of argument; however there are a
number of ways to do this constructively and there are a couple of
people who choose not to do so.

>  I also want to know if I am on your black list, you are in my mental
>  one, can't remenber why, but I'm sure there was a reason.

You are not in my blacklist.  I am sad that I am in yours, I would not
intentionally post anything that would offend someone.  I would rather
drop out of a conversation.

Kind regards
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk