[Gllug] Linux shop in Central London

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Sat Mar 8 22:51:04 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-03-08 at 20:54, russellsheridankelly at gmx.net wrote:
>     From PC Plus #197:
> (oh, <delurk> btw)
>
> Line up for Linux
> A shop selling exclusively Linux software and services is opening in the
> centre of London. The store's owners, a group of computer companies, are
> hoping to attract finance-conscious City workers to the cost savings of
> open source. With this in mind, the venue has been set up within easy
> walking distance of London's 'square mile'.
>
>     Anyone know where it is? Is it any good?

A quick Google turned up this press release:

http://www.silicon.com/news/500008/1/1035771.html

I very much guess this isn't  a 'shop' in the sense that we understand
it, ie. somewhere where Joe Public can wander in off the street and buy
a copy of Redhat. Maybe better phrased as 'technology centre'.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk