[Gllug] Recruit scum

Mark Preston mark at markpreston.co.uk
Sat Mar 15 23:14:39 UTC 2003

Bruce Richardson wrote:
"You must have been using a *very* old version from an alternate
universe, then.  Word has had native support for RTF since version 1.0.
  They tout the format as one of their innovations."

My version of Word 97 handles .rtf and .doc files. In fact, one of my
first experiences when getting involved with Linux fans was being told
not to send another .doc attachment, but convert future .doc files into
.rtf files as these are less likely to transmit viruses. They are also
less hefty on the download front.

Regards,
Mark Preston

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk