[Gllug] Stop the War march this Saturday 22nd

Dermot Moynihan dermoyn at onetel.net.uk
Mon Mar 17 13:51:13 UTC 2003

At 13:03 17/03/03, you wrote:
>On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 12:35:26PM +0000, Tethys wrote:
> >
> > Dermot Moynihan writes:
> >
> > >Sorry to be so blatantly off topic but somethings are a little more
> > >important than rules.
> >
> > I disagree. Everyone has their own ideas about what's crucially important
> > and what's not, and if we all cluttered the list with our own little pet
> > peeves, then the S:N ration would drop even lower than it's been of late.
> >
> > *Please* keep things like this off list.
>
>Seconded.

I've already addressed Tethys's remarks in an earlier mail. I won't labour
the point. However, I think it's reasonable, even desirable, to expect from
people who object to off topic posts on the ground that they are off topic
that they do not post, or join in with, off topic subjects themselves.

>  And if you are going to post OT, don't insult those who
>may either disagree with you or consider the post not suitable for the
>list.  I support the aims of the march but I don't think you had to be
>so childish as to preemptively label anybody who might object a
>"warmonger".

Okay. Point taken on this part.  I don't have a problem with calling people
who support war "warmongers".  However, I believe you have misunderstood -
I was not intending to describe anybody who objects to my doing an OT post
as a warmonger. I would hardly have started off my post with an apology if
that was the case. However, I can see how it can be interpreted in that way.

rgds
Dermot

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk