[Gllug] ADSL Modem recommendations

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Mon Mar 17 10:10:07 UTC 2003

I bought the Alcatel Speedtouch 530 from my ISP and it's great.
Rock-solid performance and is very flexible.  Configurable through a
web interface (for basic stuff) or telnet for more complex stuff.

Only problem I've found is that it doesn't power on after power
failure (or girlfriend unplugs it for vacuum cleaner...) and I can't
find the option to make it power on automagically.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "The problem with a system that needs competent managers
  is that it needs competent managers."
- Graydon Saunders

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk