[Gllug] [Kind of OT] Digital TV

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Thu Mar 20 12:37:36 UTC 2003

And verily, didst Rev Simon Rumble announce to the hordes:

> On Thu 20 Mar, Andrew Halliwell bloviated thus:
>
> > Personally, I think the best thing on Freeview is BBC7.
> > In fact, BBC7 is the best thing the beeb have done in years.
>
> <cheapshot>
> Yes, I think both their other viewers agree with you there.
> </cheapshot>

<correction>
s/viewers/listeners/
</correction>

Don't knock it till you tried it :)
Try tuning in tonight at 7pm and 10pm. Delve special (which became "This is
david lander" on the telly). Tomorrow at 10, it's Dead Ringers.

And, one of the best things on this week. 7pm, every day, I'm sorry, I
haven't a clue. Next week it'll be just a minute, week later, the news
quiz.

Other things that've been on since it started have been "People like us",
"Knowing me, Knowing you", "On the hour", "Radio Active", "On the town (with
the league of gentlemen)", "Room 101", "Goodness Gracious me", "The
hitchhikers guide to the galaxy", Terry pratchett's "Guards! Guards!" and
"wyrd sisters", Blake's 7, Dr Who and... well... loads of other stuff.

And you don't need DAB or digital TV to listen to it, you can stream it from
their website http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7. (windoze media or real format)

</plug>

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk