[Gllug] Linux PDAs

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Thu Mar 27 12:02:35 UTC 2003

Nick Warrington writes:

>Has anyone had a chance to play with any Linux based PDAs like the Sharp
>SL-5600? How do they compare to the Palm devices? Obviously the OS is
>superior but what about the usability and quality of Apps?

Yep, I love the Zaurus. It's a great little product, the apps it
comes with are well written, and the interface is well designed.
However, their omission of bluetooth on the new model has probably
doomed the Zaurus. What use is a PDA without sensible mobile
internet connectivity (particularly when its comperition, like
the iPAQ *is* bluetooth enabled by default).

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk