[Gllug] Sharp Zaurus

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Mon Mar 31 12:04:17 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 11:23, Walid Shaari wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 11:06, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > After some badgering by certain lurkers on this list (they know who
> > they are :-) I'm looking to buy a Sharp Zaurus in town today. Any
> > idea where to find the best deal for this, and how much I should pay?
>
> £229 from Micro Anvika in TC if you are looking for the 5500, if you
> want to wait until mid-april when the 5600 is released her in UK, prices
> might drop then again/ stocks vanish :).

I would not touch Micro Anvika with a barge pole.  This weekend I tried
to take back a SCSI cable and converter both of which I bought from
Micro Anvika.  As I pulled the cable away from the converter the cable
split.  It all looks shiney and new apart from the cable, which of
course has one of the connectors broken.

Micro Anvika refused to exchange the items as they had been broken!?

That was my point exactly....

I will have to take legal action to get my £34 back.  Scan.co.uk seems
like a dream compared to these crooks.

Kind regards
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk