[Gllug] Regarding priracy (sic)

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Fri Mar 7 12:21:53 UTC 2003

Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> On Thu 06 Mar, Sean Burlington bloviated thus:
>

>>In fact I find making medicine a business fairly grim at the best of
>>times - I am not convinced that this is the only way to do it...
>

> A business that doesn't stand up to economic scrutiny, either.  The
> business of discovering drugs is heavily subsidised by government who
> provides the funds for the basic research on which the entire process
> rests.

and its not just medicine - a great deal of technology is derived from
publicly funded research - and then given to businesses to make money
from (the internet for example)

was Unix developed at universities originally ?

just one of the ways tax money disproportionately benefits rich
shareholders...

--

Sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk