[Gllug] RE: [GLUG] Re: OT: Sun E450

Peet Grobler peetgr at absa.co.za
Tue Mar 25 12:38:00 UTC 2003

Do you know where to buy a WYSE 50?

-----Original Message-----
From: glug-bounce at linux.org.za [mailto:glug-bounce at linux.org.za]On
Behalf Of Raymond Leach
Sent: 25 March 2003 02:25
To: neil.fryer at 12snap.com
Cc: Glug (E-mail); Gllug (E-mail)
Subject: [GLUG] Re: OT: Sun E450

Hi

If the E450 does not have a display card, then you have to use a dumb
terminal, or a terminal emulator connected to serial A.

We use a WYSE 50. Costs about 150 bucks these days.

You can connect a PC to the db25 serial A on the e450 via com1 or com2
with a null modem (or crossover cable).

Ray

--
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(  Raymond Leach                       )
 ) Knowledge Factory                  (
(                                      )
 ) Tel: +27 11 445 8100               (
(  Fax: +27 11 445 8101                )
 )                                    (
(  http://www.knowledgefactory.co.za/  )
 ) http://www.saptg.co.za/            (
(  http://www.mapnet.co.za/            )
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   o                                o
    o                              o
        .--.                  .--.
       | o_o|                |o_o |
       | \_:|                |:_/ |
      / /   \\              //   \ \
     ( |     |)            (|     | )
     /`\_   _/'\          /'\_   _/`\
     \___)=(___/          \___)=(___/

"The information contained in this communication is confidential and
may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to
receive it.  If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action
in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful.  Absa is liable neither for the proper, complete
transmission of the information contained in this communication, nor
for any delay in its receipt, nor for the assurance that it is
virus-free."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk