[GLLUG] KDE3.1

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Thu Mar 13 11:49:14 UTC 2003

And verily, didst Davies Sue announce to the hordes:

> Thanks
>
> I'm trying to put it on to  Suse 8.0, I tried the ls.so.conf but it didn't
> make a difference and I tried the
> rpm -ivh --nodeps <filename>.rpm and I got tonnes of conflict messages.  I
> think I'll do a quick rebuild and try again.
> I think it could be all the messing around I've done in the last couple of
> days may have twisted it's knickers.

One other idea before your knickers are so tightly wound they'd be able to
power your linux box for a month... :)

Try rpm -Uvh instead of ivh
(U == upgrade, i == install. As you've got KDE already, i would complain cos
a version was already present...)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk