[Gllug] ADVERT: Rackmount servers for sale

Shevek shevek at anarres.org
Thu Mar 6 16:58:12 UTC 2003

I still have a few rackmount servers left in my job lot, I'm very
interested in getting rid of these since I want the space back in my
cupboard. The details are:

Iomega NAS P400U (a 4-disk hotswap raid server with serious knobs on) for
600 each. New price for these in February's magazines started at about
2,000, the reduction is to reflect the price I paid since they are "nearly
new".

Iomega NAS A300U (a 3-disk server with ordinary knobs on) for ukp350 each.

The systems are ready to run but exclude hard disks. They take standard
IDE hard disks. I have tested with Red Hat, Gentoo, Slackware and
memtest86. The hardware is fully supported. They require no binary-only
modules. The IDE controllers are PIIX4 (ATA100) and HighPoint 370 (ATA100
RAID). I know of no other caveats.

Full details and pretty pictures are at
        http://www.anarres.org/swapshop/rackmount.html
Any sensible offers will be considered.

I have migrated my own PCs to these systems, and use them as Linux servers
with a gigabit card in the PCI slot. They're very nice and the build
quality is very high. I'm happy to answer any questions about config,
installation and setup.

Thanks.

S.

--
Shevek
I am the Borg.

sub AUTOLOAD{my$i=$AUTOLOAD;my$x=shift;$i=~s/^.*://;print"$x\n";eval
qq{*$AUTOLOAD=sub{my\$x=shift;return unless \$x%$i;&{$x}(\$x);};};}

foreach my $i (3..65535) { &{'2'}($i); }

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk