[Gllug] Sharp Zaurus

Richard W.M. Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon Mar 31 10:52:35 UTC 2003

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 11:42:22AM +0100, Alain Williams wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 11:23:26AM +0100, Walid Shaari wrote:
> > On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 11:06, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > > After some badgering by certain lurkers on this list (they know who
> > > they are :-) I'm looking to buy a Sharp Zaurus in town today. Any
> > > idea where to find the best deal for this, and how much I should pay?
> >
> > £229 from Micro Anvika in TC if you are looking for the 5500, if you
> > want to wait until mid-april when the 5600 is released her in UK, prices
> > might drop then again/ stocks vanish :).
>
> Hmmm, I was looking at these things. AFIR the 5600 uses an intel processor instead
> of ARM. Does anyone have comments comparing these 2 - battery life would seem to
> be an important criterion.

I haven't been able to find the 5600 anywhere except on Sharp (USA)'s
website. As you say, battery life is the most important factor. The
ARM processor doesn't worry me at all (in fact, I _prefer_ it :-)

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, Red Hat Inc. (London office, UK) http://www.redhat.com/
http://www.annexia.org/ Freshmeat projects: http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj