[Gllug] [Kind of OT] Digital TV

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 19 23:17:51 UTC 2003

On Wed 19 Mar, Xander D Harkness wrote:

> Does the digital TV use the standard aerial?

   I have a Grundig set top box which worked immediately on my existing
aerial. There is a line of sight to Crystal Palace from nearby, but I have a
long external aerial on the wrong side of a hill aimed along the A40 in
North Acton. I get generally good reception, with just occasional
interference probably from road traffic. Picture quality looks better than
analogue, which suffers from moving multipaths and some noise.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk