[Gllug] How can I make sure my email is not treated as spam?

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Sat Mar 1 17:57:16 UTC 2003

> On Sat 01 Mar Adrian McMenamin wrote:
>> I then changed the name of the box to mailrelay.myorganisation.org.uk
>> (names have been changed, but myorganisation.org.uk is a real domain,
>> but mailrelay is not a "real" subdomain).
>>
>> This seemed to work for many of the mail relays that were previously
>> bouncing the emails, but not all.

You could also use the dns alias services such as dnsalias.net to set a
hostname for it such as company.dnsalias.net and set the hostname as what
ever you set in your account.  This is just if you do not have control
over your dns.

I find very few problems with no reverse lookup for IPs, however I and
many others reject mail from non-existant domains, or from senders who
will not accept bounces.

Kind regards
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk