[Gllug] Linux gripes help!!

David Myers davemyers at mailbox.co.uk
Wed Mar 19 20:38:21 UTC 2003

Hello.

I'm fairly new new to all stuff Linux, but so far I like what I see.

i know that I said gripes but they are few and far between. However... i
want to change my browser, or at least try a few others.

I run SuSe 7.0 currently and would appreciate a few extra things on my
system.

1) I use a palm pilot, a Vx to be precise! and would love to be able to
ditch windows and hotsync to my linux desktop. anyone else got one to
work??

2) My modem seems not to like logging onto the net! I keep getting exit
code 16 (using wvDial through the "Kinternet" programme)

3) as well as using nestcape (I don't know what version, probably 4.x),
I also use their composer for mail and newsgroups, what other choices do
I have that have a "similar" look and feel but greater funcionality - i
seem unable to set the preferences to auto delete some of the messages
that i would like it to! or filter other stuff to the correct places, am
I missing something or is it a netscpe thing!?

Anwyay help would be more that appreciated.

--
Dave "The Rave" myers.

AKA. the scourge of the dusty eyeball

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk