RealPlayer (was: Re: [Gllug] BBCi)

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Thu Mar 20 22:22:16 UTC 2003

On Thursday 20 March 2003 22:05, Doug Winter wrote:
> On Thu 20 Mar Dylan wrote:
> > Another RealPlayer question - does any onle else find the player
> > itself can be terminally unstable sometimes? To the extent of
> > requiring a reboot?
>
> I find it hard to imagine how realplayer could do anything to cause you
> to need to reboot.  Unless you are running Windows? :)

Well, I'm on SuSE8.1, and no - RP doesn't do anything which leaves the system
requiring a reboot, but... I find that it will (either or all of) (a) refuse
to connect (even to a local file); (b) spontaneously abend; or (c) play a
stream (or local file) for a few seconds before freezing - requiring a kill.
The only way to get RP working again in this situation is a reboot.

Dylan

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk