[Gllug] Anyone using Cistron radius server?

Andy McGarty andy at mac1systems.com
Tue May 20 23:09:10 UTC 2003

Hi,

We've been running the Cistron radius server for a while.  It serves a Cisco
5300 and now a Colubris 3500 Access cotroller.

Its working fine, but we need to add some vendor specific attributes so the
Colubris can do some extra work.

I've added in the colubris dictionary and updated the users file with some
extra lines on the 3500 user account, but its giving errors that the
attribute MUST go on the first line with the other check items.  But I dont'
think they are check items.

This is a sample of the users file (with passwords etc changed to protect
the innocent!
u3500   Auth-Type = System
        Service-Type = Framed-User,
        Colubris-AVPair ="mac-address=00-10-AB-16-46-A9,user1,pw1",
        Colubris-AVPair ="mac-address=00-11-AD-19-44-A8,user2,pw2"

Anyone any experience of passing VSAs using the Cistrob system?

Cheers

Andy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk